About Me

My photo
I’m a thirty something year old from Ireland who just recently moved to Toronto, Canada. I like to write and bring out my imaginative side every once in a while.Oh and Im always on the look- out for new weight loss tips and beauty tips, to transform myself into a stunning goddess.

Sunday 8 May 2011

My Birthday Surprise


Wow! What a weekend, after years of imagining what it would be like to be proposed to, on Friday the day of my birthday my boyfriend of 3 years proposed to me! 

To say I was shocked was an understatement, I had no idea what was going on. The proposal happened during dinner with my parents at the CN tower in Toronto. My parents had just arrived to Toronto to visit us from Ireland and my boyfriend Ben unknowns to me had asked for their blessing to marry me just a few hours before. The waiter placed a dessert dish in front of me, he opened it up and inside was a box with a ring inside. At that point with about 5 waiters and my parents looking on, Ben said he thought the world of me and asked if I would marry him. I accepted and now we’re engaged! Being a secret romantic at heart I loved the way he done the whole proposal though and wouldn’t change it for the world.



I had no idea this was going to happen. The thing that shocked me the most was that he bought the ring himself and planned it all without me knowing. I never even suspected a thing. He’s such a laidback and easy going sort of a guy so I never thought this would be his style.  I believed I would always pick out my own ring myself and wanted a certain colour and design, I imagined it would be like Kate Middleton’s but with a black stone to match the necklace Ben bought me last Christmas. The ring I actually got is perfect, it is so simple but sparkles like you wouldn’t believe. Each time I look at it I feel so happy and can’t help but smile. I just know I've finally met my Mr. Right.

Already we’ve started to talk about our wedding and what sort of day we would like to have. We don’t know when or where it will happen yet, maybe somewhere abroad like Italy.  We do know that we don’t want to have a big showy wedding that costs a fortune. What matters most to us is that we get to have the people that we love around us to celebrate and share in our special day. It’s all going to be very exciting to plan....I can’t wait!


Have you ever been proposed to? What sort of wedding did you have? I’d love some ideas to help plan mine. x

1 comment: